From everyday necessities to high-tech inventions, chemicals are used in the products and processes that make the world run. While chemical scientists focus on innovating better, faster, stronger, more efficient products, Fay Sharpe’s patent attorneys and IP Engineers focus on protecting those proprietary developments.
Our professionals have degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical and mechanical engineering, material science and a broad spectrum of other technical disciplines, and many have worked in those fields. With technical acumen and practical experience, we understand the complex technologies and specific IP challenges of our clients, resulting in sophisticated, relevant counsel that drives business objectives.
Fay Sharpe has prosecuted patents in areas including organic and inorganic chemistry, polymer and plastics, biochemistry, composites, immunology, neurobiology and other applications.
To help you safeguard your innovations in chemical science, we:
- Conduct due diligence investigations to assess IP assets
- Prepare and prosecute patent and trademark applications
- Provide counsel on patent law, trademark law, copyright law, trade secret law and other areas of IP
- Negotiate and develop licensing agreements
- Develop IP portfolio management and protection strategies
- Enforce and defend IP assets through litigation or other dispute resolution
With more than 130 years of patent law experience, Fay Sharpe helps clients implement comprehensive IP strategies, protecting their innovations to create a competitive, market-leading position.
- SABIC Innovative Plastics LLC
- OMNOVA Solutions
- Lumination LLC
- Borealis Polymers Oy
- Iofina Chemical Inc.
- Materion Corp.
- Metaullics Systems Co.
- Shurtech Brands
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- The Ohio State University
Contact Fay Sharpe now at 216.363.9000 to safeguard your advances in chemical science.