Robert M. Sieg, Ph.D.Partner
- Medical / Medical Devices / Biomedical
- Green Energy / Cleantech
- Electrical / Computer Engineering
- Computer Software / Internet
Member Ohio Bar; registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Patent preparation and prosecution in general electrical arts and manufacturing processes. Specific expertise in semiconductor materials synthesis, characterization and devices including thin film epitaxy (MBE, MOCVD), ultrahigh vacuum (UHV) systems, electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), x-ray diffraction, electrical and optical characterization including cryogenic testing; medical imaging systems (PET, CT, MR); illumination systems; photovoltaics and optoelectronics; electronic image and document processing; liquid crystal materials and devices (LCD). Developed InGaAsN-based 1.3 µm VCSELs for advanced finer-optical communication. Developed new epitaxial technique for integrating GaAs-based optoelectronics with silicon microelectronics and ellipsometric modeling and analysis software.
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland State University (B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1992)
- The Ohio State University (M.S., Electrical Engineering, 1994; Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, 1998)
- Post-doctoral research, Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque 1999-2000)
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., 2004)